DENNA KUNDERFARENHET ÄR PRODUCERAD OBJEKTIVT AV TRUSTMARY SWEDEN AB.Läs mer
Swedish waste management company Lundstams Återvinning AB has acquired a waste sorting robot from ZenRobotics to one of their facilities in Northern Sweden. As a result, they have ended up saving up to 20 000 euros per month compared to before.
The distinct goal of Lundstams is to recycle as much of the waste as humanly possible. What’s funny about it is that they really can’t use humans to achieve that goal.
– With efficient manual processing, we can do around two hundred picks in an hour. The two robots can handle approximately four thousand picks. It’s a huge increase in efficiency, the President and CEO of Lundstams, Mattias Marktin tells.
– We were quite curious if this would work but so far, the results have been very good, he continues.
In addition to the remarkable increase in efficiency, the system also helps to reduce the waste that needs to be burned. This results in significant cost savings.
– By being able to reduce the waste we have to incinerate, the cost savings are quite extensive. Compared to a couple of months back when we didn’t have the robot, we are saving around 20 000 euros each month, Marktin reveals.
With the help of the robot, the particles that eventually need to be disposed of are considerably smaller. This has proven to be very helpful especially in Northern Sweden, where disposal facilities can be quite far away.
– That has been a huge benefit for us, Marktin says.
Because of the positive experiences, it’s easy to recommend ZenRobotics robots to any waste management businesses looking to see advancements in their production processes.
– The thing that’s positive about the recycling business is that what’s good for the environment, is also good for the profitability of the business. From that perspective, I would strongly recommend making the investment in such a robot, Marktin concludes.